Search This Blog

Monday, July 25, 2011

Second English Camp


Hello once again from Hungary!  I hope everyone is well!  Last week was the second English Camp in the city of Eger.  It was such a neat experience to do two English Camps back-to-back.  Everyone was pretty exhausted at the end of the two weeks, but it was worth it!  This English Camp was run by my friends Nick and Rosemary, who I am now staying with for a while in their home in Eger.  Shane and Marianna also served at the English Camps in Debrecen and in Eger.  
 
The first English Camp in Debrecen had a theme of “CSI”.  The theme was in the teachings and activities.  There were English lessons every day, and I worked with a great Hungarian teacher named Tünde.  I learned so much from observing her and working with her on how to teach.  The cabins that we stayed in had 6 to 8 people in a room.  It was fun to get to know many people at the camp.  There were so many teachers and students to get to know.  There are so many wonderful people that I am meeting here in Hungary!  I miss everyone at home, I look forward to seeing everyone in a little over a month when I return.  The middle of the week during camp marked the half-way point of my trip.   

These camps are so great for the kids, they have a chance to learn English, play games, relax, listen to testimonies, and have FUN!  There were lots of activities to do like sports and crafts.  At the end of the camp, we did a big scavenger hunt and were CSI investigators.  One part of the game was to find the undercover agents that were on the flier for the camp.  One of the agents was Shane, so that was very fun for kids to find him on the flier. 

The second English Camp in Eger was ran by Nick and Rosemary, who I am now staying with at their home in Eger.  It was a very fun camp with great lessons and fun activities for the kids.  There was a great team of people from Denver, CO that came to help out.  There were a lot of great native Hungarians teaching as well at both camps.  It was great to have so many wonderful helpers!  The campground in Eger had great cabins with 3 to 4 people in a room.  They also had a cool coffee shop that I was able to work in for one night.  It was very fun! It is so great to have a large variety of ministry opportunities this summer in Hungary.  At this camp, I had a great co-teacher named Balázs.  We had a group of all girls who were eager to learn and very sweet.  On the last day, the girls did a dance in front of the whole camp that was so cute!  I also had my birthday at the camp, which was very special!  The whole camp sang “Happy Birthday” to me and they gave me a cake and flowers!  Some people even bought me yummy coffee from the coffee shop!  It was a very special day and I had a great time with all my new and old friends here in Hungary!!!
 
Now I am in Eger at Nick and Rosemary’s house checking out the ministry in Eger.  I have attended the church and heard some great teachings and had wonderful fellowship!  The churches in Szolnok and Eger have been so wonderful!  There are great things happening in Hungary, and it is exciting to be here to serve with them! Praise the Lord! Thank you all for your prayers and support!  May God continue to feed your hungry hearts and my Hungary Heart! <3

1 comment: