Search This Blog

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Foundations

Hi everyone!  I have been in Hungary for about 3 weeks now, and things are going very well!  I just got "home" to Szolnok from Calvary Chapel Bible College Europe (CCBCE) in the city of Vajta, Hungary!  I also was able to visit Budapest the first couple of days here in Hungary, and I have been all over Szolnok as well.   I was at CCBCE for a week long leadership conference called the Foundations Conference.  For the first 2 weeks in Hungary I stayed in the city of Szolnok with my friends Shane, Marianna, and their baby Emily. Vajta is about 2 hours away from Szolnok.  I am staying in the school dorms, but the dorms are in a real castle!  I guess, as Christians, since we are children of the King, sometimes we are fortunate enough to stay in a castle! :-)  It is very cool!

CCBCE is a four-semester Bible College, and is soon to be accredited.  They have programs on campus and online.  I know people who have attended this college in Hungary, and I know many people who attended Calvary Chapel Bible College in Marietta, California.  I even took a class through their extension campus in San Jose, it was fun!  I was blessed to have just graduated from a Christian university in San Jose, William Jessup University, and I loved it!

I went to the "Foundations Conference" which is aimed to "build up, equip, refresh, and encourage ministry leaders".  There were people from all over the world there, including countries such as: Hungary, USA, Albania, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ethiopia, Kosovo, Kyrgystan,  Moldova, Nigeria, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, and more!  It is fun to talk to so many people and and hear all of the different languages around me.  There also were amazing speakers and worship!  I attended multiple worship workshops, which were great!

It has been so exciting to meet new friends and see old friends from Hungary in person!  Here in Hungary I have my friends Shane & Marianna, and their baby Emily.  I also know another couple named Nick & Rosemary, with their kids Nate & Felicia.  There are also two other friends, Scott and Balazs.  I also have met many other people from the extended families and espescially from the churches from the cities of Szolnok, Eger, and Debrecen in Hungary.  I have been praying for them, as well as I have been penpals sending packages back and forth with all of the ones that I named, for so long.  God has put them all strongly on my heart, and it is amazing to finally meet them in person and be spending time with them! 

While in Szolnok, I have been able to go to some fairs, and even shoot a real bow and arrow!  As far as ministry events, I have been practicing with the worship team singing and playing jimbe on Sundays, and running the power point for the sermons.  To get ready for the upcoming English Camps, I have been doing research finding videos, helping think of craft ideas, and more.  We also have been having devotions and meeting every night to discuss the Scriptures and pray together, which has been very encouraging!  At the conference I heard speakers, experienced worship, attended workshops, and had great fellowship!  I am having an amazing summer so far, soaking in the culture and serving the Lord!  Please keep me in your prayers!  I have been praying for all of you, I miss you and will see you in a few months!  I pray that the Lord speaks to your hearts this summer, and to my Hungary Heart!  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment