Search This Blog

Sunday, August 7, 2011

The Reason For It All

Mission trips are very interesting.  They can have specific goals, and God usually has even more planned than we do.  This trip to Hungary this summer has been multi-faceted.  One of the many things that I have been able to do is read the Bible and pray more consistently.  It is so important to continually be reading God’s Word.  It is easy to get caught up with the business of life, which I have done so many times.  One thing that I learned while being a college student is that a student is constantly studying to become a master of the subject.  Although we may never truly be able to fully master a subject, it is good to be in constant study to learn more and more.  Studying in school, especially for my Senior Capstone Project, was not only reading about Music Education and Event Planning, but also talking with people, doing interviews, taking surveys, advertising, and arranging so many other aspects of the event as well.

This trip definitely has multiple purposes.  The grandest of all is to “preach the gospel…”
Jesus said, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.  He who believes and is baptized will be saved…” Mark 16:15b-16 (NKJV).  To go into the world can be to go to a foreign country like Hungary, or to walk next door to your neighbor and share the Gospel with them.  Since I have had a lot of time this summer to dig into God’s Word and spend time in fellowship and prayer, I feel that God has given me the opportunity to talk to others about Him.

While I have been here in Eger, I have had the opportunity to hang out with some Christian and non-Christian girls at the mall and around town.  I was able to share the Gospel with the non-Christian girls, and there were some deep conversations with some of them.  It is such a privilege to be able to share the Gospel with people who are earnestly seeking God.  There are so many questions that people have, and I do my best to answer their questions.  Some questions I am able to answer, which is awesome!  Some questions are the deep, challenging questions that are difficult to answer.  Sometimes life has been so trying for a person that it is impossible to provide them with reasons and answers.  You have to love them and let them know how much you truly care, and how much God loves them and wants a relationship with them.  Knowing the Bible is so important when witnessing to others.  

One of the teachings at the Bible College by Nick Cady, whom I have been staying with at his home with his family in Eger, was about how important it is to tell your story/testimony.  Sharing the Gospel is super important, and sharing your personal testimony with others can be such a powerful witness that it may help them better understand the Gospel and desire a personal relationship with God.  God loves every single person on the earth, in Hungary, the U.S. and in every single country all over the world.  It is such a privilege to share about His love on this trip.  Spending time with people and sharing the Gospel with them was such an honor!  I also had an amazing experience this past weekend.

I went to another conference at the Bible College in Vajta this weekend.  I actually didn’t go for the whole conference, but only for the last few days.  That wasn’t the original plan, but God’s plans are not always the same as our plans.  In fact, many times God’s plans are different than ours.

I have been buddies with Nick & Rosemary’s foster son Balázs, and I have also been able to get to know Balázs’ friend Dani.  They are very nice teenage boys, and it was great hanging out with them at the college.  It was very exciting because God gave me the opportunity to share the Gospel with Dani!  I was able to go to lots of references in the Bible and answer his questions.  

Then, I was able to lead Dani in a prayer to accept Jesus in his heart!  Dani became a Christian!!!  Praise the Lord!!!!!  I know this is from years of other people praying for Dani and telling him about Jesus.  I know many people have told him about Jesus, and it is like the parable where one person plants the seed, another person waters it, etc.  I totally believe that there were many people involved with sharing the Gospel with Dani.  I praise the Lord that I had the privilege to share with him as he made the final step to decide to ask Jesus into his heart and be saved.  I led him in the prayer to ask Jesus in His heart, and now he is saved forever.  Yay!!!  Dani was baptized by Nick the next day at the Bible College, it was very special!  This exciting news about Dani is confirmation that the Lord is in this mission trip to Hungary!

Praise the Lord for the opportunities God has given me to share about Jesus with people in Hungary this summer!   I pray that I have more opportunities to share the Gospel these next three and a half weeks or so that I am in Hungary, and that you all have chances to witness to others this summer as well!  I pray that God continues to feed your hungry hearts and my Hungary Heart! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment